Aventine, AAU, Jorhat (Assam Agricultural University) 2018: The two-day fest which is to be held on the 18th and 19th of May, 2018 consists of a wide range of events; which include –
1. ‘RADIANT FRINGE’: A photography exhibition cum competition for budding shutterbugs to showcase their talent in photography, along with a photography workshop where they can come and hone their skills and abilities.
2. ‘COPA AVENTINE’: A 6-on-6 football tournament organized as a part of the Annual Socio-Cultural fest at AAU, Jorhat.
3. ‘GAME GEAR’: The gaming competition gives you a platform to showcase your talent and gaming skills at ‘AVENTINE 3.0’ and win attractive prizes.
4. ‘HOWZZAT’: A 6-on-6 cricket tournament organized as a part of the ‘AVENTINE 3.0’ event.
5. ‘SERENADE’: An Acoustic music competition is being held as a part of AVENTINE 3.0 on the 18th of May, 2018.
6. ‘BORHOMTHURI’: An open Husori competition where the ‘Deka-Gabhoru’s of various ‘Husori Dol’s can come and showcase their talent and the zeal they have for our ‘Bapoti Xahon’; the Bihu.
7. ‘KAYRA’: The personality hunt / beauty pageant to be held as a part of ‘AVENTINE 3.0’ at the end of which the among the finalists, one male and one female contestant shall be awarded the titles of Mr. Aventine and Miss. Aventine 2018 respectively.
8. ‘ARTSPLASH’: Another competition to be held under the roof of ‘AVENTINE 3.0’. Consisting of 3 phases namely, Spot painting, T-shirt painting and exhibition.
9. ‘SATKARA’: The dancing toes’ is a dance competition organized as part of the third annual socio-cultural fest of AAU, Jorhat. It is to be held on the 18th of May, 2018.
10. ‘BANDSLAM’: A battle of bands where we all members of the band shall be seen performing in sync with one another.
11. ‘DIALECT’: An event involving an open group discussion. This is an initiative to help in personality development and to inculcate communication skills among students.
12. ‘QUIZOHOLIC’: An open quiz to be held on the 19th of May. So, sharpen your quizzing skills and join in. Come; Quench your thirst for knowledge, here, at the knowledge city of Assam.
The fest also brings to you, along with the various events, competitions and exhibitions to be held, Zephyrtone, the youngest EDM duo in the country; that has also performed at the Sunburn Campus. They are sure to leave you grooving for days, so come, and be a witness to one of the most happening live shows to be in the town.
They will be performing on the 19th of May 2018.
Passes for the same (DJ Night only) shall be available at –
1. US Pizza, Baskins & Robbins and Café Beans (Tarajan, Jorhat).
2. Fusion Asiana and Kai & Chai (Gar-Ali, Jorhat).
3. Café Momo (Baruah Chariali, Jorhat).
4. Wood Smoke Café (Kushal Nagar, Jorhat).
5. Chengmora (Barbheta, Jorhat).
Along with Zephyrtone; Purple Haze; the progressive-rock band from Jorhat shall be performing on the18th of May. The band ‘Purple Haze’ was founded in the year 2015 with an ambition to create Indian Music by fusing Western Contemporary sound into it.
It aims to keep traditional music and indigenous culture alive and engage in modernisation at the same time. They are presently working on their debut album ‘Parichay’ and working hard to create and promote independent music.
All in all the AVENTINE 3.0 is a power packed event which is surely going to uplift the enthusiasm and excitement of the audience.