spot_img
spot_img
Monday, December 6, 2021
spot_img
spot_img

Latest Posts

Assam: Fire breaks out at the emergency department of GMCH Serious lapses found on safety equipment

spot_img
spot_img
- Advertisement -

Chaos broke out when a fire broke out at the emergency department in Guwahati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) which have been due to an electric short circuit.

GMCH

Also read: Assam: Contract worker hangs himself on premises of ASTC office

Emergency breaks out at the emergency department

On Tuesday, a fire broke out in the emergency department of GMCH in the afternoon which might have started due to an electric short circuit between two fan connections, according to authorities.

GMCH GMCH The North-Eastern Chronicle

Sadly there were no fire extinguishers close, leading the hospital authority to find serious lapses on part of the vendor who is in charge of fire safety supply to the hospital.

Hospital authority alleges similarity to a previous incident

Guwahati GMCH The North-Eastern Chronicle

After the fire had been taken in control, the GMCH authorities complained to the Bhangagarh Police alleging that this wasn’t the first time that a fire broke out.

Similarly, there had been an incident where the fire alarm didn’t function at the HOD of the Radiology room when the place burnt due to an electric faulty circuit several months back.


The complaint says, “The vendor has removed the previously installed extinguisher causing serious lapse and risk to patients which isn’t acceptable Furthermore. There has been no communication of any work done from the vendor with our hospital administration. PWD electrical should be also cautioned for normal audit of electrical installations so that such incidents don’t happen again. May I request you to require strict action for the security of doctors, paramedical staff, and patient’s safety.”

Latest Posts

spot_imgspot_img

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.