spot_img
spot_img
Monday, January 17, 2022
spot_img
spot_img

Latest Posts

Assam: Youth succumbs to death of electrocution in Udalguri

spot_img
spot_img
- Advertisement -

Assam: On the night of December 12, a 28-year-old boy succumbed to death after being electrocuted in Urang Basti of Udalguri, Assam. 

About the deceased: 

The identity of the departed have been discovered as  Nath who reportedly tried to remove a transformer barrel fuse. The victim by mistake touched the electrical wires of 11 kilowatts which caused his death on the spot. 

Aftermath: 

Assam Police reached the location just after the unfortunate incident took place. The incident is now under investigation.

About electrocution:

Electrocution is death or severe injury by electric shock, electric current passing through the body. Electrical work around the home is perfectly safe if proper precautions are taken. 

Measures to prevent electrocution:

• Inspect electric cords for fraying. Testing should be conducted on each piece of equipment every three months. A continuity test is needed to make sure the extension cord or power tool has a grounded wire

• Do not plug too many things into the same outlet. According to the National Agricultural Safety Database, overloaded outlets are a leading cause of house fires. Plugging in more appliances than the circuit can handle causes it to overheat and leads to damaged wiring.

• Replace all older two-pronged outlets. Replacing two-prong outlets are ideal for safety.

• Insert plastic safety caps in all unused electrical outlets if small children are in the home.

Also Read: SARBANANDA SONOWAL AND BOXER MC MARY KOM ATTENDS THE OPENING CEREMONY OF DIBRUGARH UNIVERSITY’S 52ND VARSITY WEEK

spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_imgspot_img

Don't Miss