Assam’s AFBC Society, recently issued a notice inviting applicants for the vacant post of Engineer.
About AFBC Society
The Assam Project on Forest and Biodiversity Conservation Society, was created by the State Government of Assam as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The Society came into existence on 28 June 2012.
The overall vision of the project is to “contribute through the Forest Department towards the conservation of nature for healthier ecosystems and happier communities”.
The overall goals of the Society are to restore forest ecosystems, in collaboration with the forest dependent communities, to enhance their livelihoods and ensure conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity.
The project envisages implementing activities ranging from capacity building of forest department personnel, rehabilitation of Forest Department’s infrastructure and equipment to income generation and livelihood security of forest dependent communities.
About AFBC Society job vacancy
AFBC Society is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Engineer.
• Name of the post: Engineer (Building)
• No. Of posts: 01
• Age limit: The Candidate should not be above 45 years as on 1st January, 2021. However, in the case of exceptionally talented candidates having wide relevant experience this requirement may be relaxed.
• Salary: Depending on the qualifications, experience, competency, the salary will be determined and mutually agreed with the successful candidate, which would be in between Rs.6.00 lakh to Rs.9.00 lakh per year
• Job location: Assam
Eligibility and Educational Qualification required for the post:
1. At Least a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institute/University. At Least 3 years of experience in supporting procurement related functions in Externally Aided Projects (EAP)/ Public Sector Agency (ies).
2. Work Experience : Minimum 10 years of professional experience in Civil Engineering including in engineering design and field execution of civil works of varied nature. The candidate shall have a proven record of performance in civil engineering works, including roads and buildings. The candidate should have experience in using the testing equipment used in such civil engineering construction works.
However, in case of insufficient applications from candidates having 10 years experience, the APFBC Society reserves the right to relax the experience requirement criteria upto 7 years but with a reduced remuneration package.
• Other requirements:
1. The Engineer (Building) should have knowledge and experience of working with AutoCad and other similar engineering applications, MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project and Internet based applications.
2. Working knowledge of Hindi and high level of fluency in English is needed.
How to apply for the post?
Candidates may submit the filled up prescribed format attached herewith (in PDF version) to the Project Director, PMU, APFBC Society at the e-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mail should be sent latest by 04.00 P.M. on 11th January 2022. The last date to apply is 11th January 2022.
As per information, the selection of the candidates will be based on the interview.