spot_img
spot_img
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
spot_img
spot_img

Latest Posts

China deploys troops in multiple areas of Ladakh; says Army Chief General

spot_img
spot_img
- Advertisement -

China has deployed troops in giant numbers throughout Ladakh, Army Chief General MM Naravane stated whilst mentioning that it’s a matter of concern.

His announcement was advanced of the 13th round of talks between the 2 nations at the Ladakh standoff and disengagement of army forces.

Naravane’s statement to ANI

Naravane said to the ANI news agency “China has deployed in considerable numbers all across Eastern Ladakh and Northern front right up to our Eastern command. There has been an increase in their deployment in the forward areas which remains a matter of concern for us.”

“We are regularly monitoring all their movements. Based on the inputs we get, we are also carrying out matching developments both in infrastructure as well in terms of troops that are needed to counter any threat. At the moment, we are quite well poised to meet any eventuality.”

Naravane reaches Eastern Ladakh

China

Naravane reached Eastern Ladakh on Friday for a two-day visit to see the operational preparedness of the region.

After his arrival, the Army leader visited the Rezang La War Memorial, which is near Rezang La and Rechin La, two of the factors from wherein Indian and Chinese forces had disengaged in February.

The forces, with their troops and tanks, were stationed only a few hundred meters away in this area until February.

Since then, the two parties have disengaged from Gogra Post as well, however, Hot Springs remains a friction location

Chinese troops blocking Indian Armies

Apart from Hot Springs, Chinese troops had been blockading Indian armies from gaining access to their conventional patrolling factors in Depsang Plains – near the strategically large Daulat Beg Oldie base in the north.

In Demchok as well, “so-called civilians” had pitched tents on the Indian side of the LAC.

S. Jaishankar meets China’s Foreign

Union Minister for External Affairs, S Jaishankar, had met China’s State Councillor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Dushanbe on September 16.

According to the MEA, the two leaders had “exchanged views on the current situation along” the LAC in eastern Ladakh. Jaishankar had noted the disengagement at Gogra Post, “however there were still some outstanding issues that needed to be resolved”.

The ending discussion, the 12th round, had taken place on July 31, on which each facet had agreed to disengage from Gogra Post of Patrolling Point 17A.

Boundary settlement- the only solution?

Naravane had stated earlier that border incidents among India and China will continue to rise unless a boundary settlement is reached between the two countries.

“… we have an outstanding border issue. We are again well prepared to meet any misadventure that may occur as we have demonstrated in the past… Such kinds of incidents will continue to occur till such time that a long-term solution is reached, and that is to have a boundary agreement. And that should be the thrust of our efforts so that we have lasting peace along the northern (China) border,” stated Naravane.

Also Read: GOOGLE INTRODUCES NEW WILDFIRE LAYER IN GOOGLE MAPS; UPDATE ROLLS OUT GLOBALLY IN OCTOBER

Latest Posts

spot_imgspot_img

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.