On December 4, CM Himanta Biswa Sarma in a conference announced the names of the awardees slated to receive the Asom Baibhav, Asom Saurav and Asom Gaurav Awards.
About the award and what it entails
The award is given by the State Government of Assam. In a news conference held at Guwahati, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma disclosed the names of the award winners.
The Asom Baibhav award will be worth Rs. 5 lakh, the Asom Saurav award worth Rs. 4 lakh and the Asom Gaurav worth Rs. 3 lakh.
A total of 19 people would be honoured each year in these three main categories, with the award ceremony taking place every year on December 2, but this year on January 24, 2022, Sarma said.
The CM Himanta Biswa Sarma mentioned the introduction of a – vote procedure from next year to propose the recipients. Through this process, people will have the liberty to cast their votes online.
The full list of award is:
Assam Baibhav Award
- Ratan Tata – The top industrialist of India
Assam Saurav Award
- Professor Kamalendu Deb Krori– Educationist and former principal of Cotton College
- Dr. Lakshmanan S – IAS
- Professor Dipak Chand Jain– Business Management
- Lovelina Borgohain – Sports person, Olympic medallist
- Neel Pawan Baruah– Art and Culture
Assam Gaurav Award
- Munindra Nath Ngatey – Public Service
- Dr. Basanta Hazarika – Health and COVID Management
- Akash Jyoti Gogoi – Poultry Farming
- Manoj Kr. Basumatary – Piggery Farming
- Khorsing Terang – Sports and Mountaineering
- Boby Hazarika – Woman Entrepreneur
- Hemaprabha Chutia – Weaving
- Namita Kalita – Health and Public Service
- Bornita Momin – Public Service
- Dharanidhar Boro – Wildlife Conservation
- Kaushik Baruah – Agro Exporter and Entrepreneur
- Kalpana Boro – Public Service
- Asif Iqbal – Health and Medicine