As per reports by Time8, on Sunday, more than 38 people were hospitalized after consuming Prasad at Chabua in Dibrugarh district of Assam.
After the consumption of Prasad more than 100 of them allegedly fell ill in Dongda Chuuk at Chabua. At Chabua Model hospital some of them have been admitted.
Complains about abdominal pain, vomiting and upset stomach
The patients fell ill after eating the Prasad during a puja ritual at one person’s home; however, they complained about abdominal pain, vomiting and an upset stomach, 2-3 hours after consuming the prasad.
It is reported that 2 patients who were in critical condition both have been referred to Assam Medical College and Hospital.
Dibrugarh’s officials took stock of situation
Meanwhile, health officials from Dibrugarh have hurried to Chabua to take stock of the situation.
A health official said “The patients had food poisoning after they consumed prasad. We are monitoring their health status.”