On Tuesday, November 2, MLA, Khumtai LAC, Sjt Mrinal Saikia under Jal Jeevan Mission programme, has inaugurated seven new New Piped Water Supply Schemes.
He inaugurated three schemes in Bokakhat which included Purana Kamargaon PWSS, Borahigaon Dholajan PWSS and Thengalgaon PWSS. Furthermore, there were four inaugurations in Dergaon which included Missamora PWSS, Mahonial PWSS, Barichowa PWSS and Ekorani Gaon PWSS.
Jal Jeevan Mission
The government of India has reconstructed the ongoing National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) into Jal Jeevan Mission to provide Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) to every rural household by 2024.
Schemes under Jal Jeevan Mission programme
- In-village water supply infrastructure for tap water connection to every household
- Reliable drinking water source development of existing source.
- Transfer of water
- Technologies intervention for treatment to make water portable
- Retrofitting of completed and ongoing piped water supply schemes to provide FHTC and raise the service level.
- Greywater management
- Capacity building of various stakeholders and support activities to facilitate the implementation.
Tweet by MLA Mrinal Saikia
In his tweet, MLA Mrinal Saikia said, “Inaugurated 10 water Supply Schemes under JJM in our LAC today.Govt.of Assam led by HCM @himantabiswa sir is giving utmost interest to provide running drinking water to every household in the state.