spot_img
spot_img
Monday, December 6, 2021
spot_img
spot_img

Latest Posts

Consumption of “Prasad” leads to more than 200 falling ill at a religious event in Assam

spot_img
spot_img
- Advertisement -

Complaints were filed as more than 200 people caught the fever and started vomiting after consuming the “prasad” from a religious event.

Over 200 were taken to the hospital after the religious event

On Thursday, in Hojai District of Assam, over 200 people were taken ill to the hospital in Hojai, and some have been admitted to a hospital in Nagaon town.

According to officials, they fell victim to food poisoning after consumption of “prasad” offered at a religious function in the Hojai district.

On Tuesday, over 200 people had consumed the “prasad” and other eateries at the event in Ward 7 of Lanka town according to another report from officials.

Complains about fever and vomiting

prasad

Almost all of the people that were present at the event complained of fever and vomiting from Wednesday, i.e., the next day itself.

Lastly, officials who are monitoring the whole situation said that some people who went to Hojai and Nagaon for better treatment facilities in private hospitals haven’t been seriously ill but care and monitoring are required.

Also Read: Assam Police busts Inter-state drug gang in Goalpara; 50,000 Yaba Tablets, Rs 19 Lakh cash recovered

Latest Posts

spot_imgspot_img

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.