spot_img
spot_img
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
spot_img
spot_img

Latest Posts

US military carries drone strike against Islamic State-Khorasan planner; No civilian casualties reported

spot_img
spot_img
- Advertisement -

The unmanned airstrike was carried out by the U.S. military against the Islamic State-Khorasan, following the latter’s bombing at Kabul airport which claimed several lives including US military troops. No civilian casualties have been reported according to U.S. President Joe Biden.

U.S. military retaliates against the deadly bombing

military

According to the U.S. military, on August 27, an unmanned drone strike was carried out against the IS-Khorasan “planner”, following their suicide bombing at Kabul airport.

Captain Bill Urban of the Central Command says, “The unmanned air strike occurred in the Nangahar Province of Afghanistan. Initial indications are that we killed the target.”

He adds, “We know of no civilian casualties,” in a statement that announces the first reported U.S. strike since the attack.

This drone strike had been launched outside of Afghanistan following the evacuation of civilians from Kabul airport which had been continued under high and strict security following Thursday’s attack.

The suicide bombing incident that took at least 78 lives

At the Kabul airport, in front of Abbey Gate, a suicide bomber exploded a bomb in the dense crowd which kills at least 78 people, including 13 U.S. troops. However, some media reports that the casualties are close to 200.

Adding to the chaos, U.S. officials say that gunmen opened fire right after the explosion which led to more massacre of the innocent. This was carried out by none other than the Afghan arms of the Islamic State group.

On August 27, after hearing the news, U.S. President Joe Biden almost choked in his speech as he vowed for retaliation. He says, “To those who carried out this attack as well as anyone who wishes America harm, know this: We will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay.”

On August 27, afternoon, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby says that they have a strong belief the group plans to strike the airlift again.

“We still believe there are credible threats… specific, credible threats,” he says.

Also Read: “We Will Hunt You Down, Make You Pay,” US President Joe Biden warns Kabul bombers

Latest Posts

spot_imgspot_img

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.